Friday, September 16, 2011

Simply Delish ~ Onion and Tomato Scramble



All is well here.  Coco is recovering nicely from her trip to the vet and has had her stitches out today.
We're loving watching the Rugby World Cup 2011 and looking forward to watching All Blacks/Japan tonight. Go the All Blacks!

If Whitesnake works late, I usually knock up a quick snack for dinner. I'd been looking forward to scrambled eggs all day but this recipe almost didn't make it to the table. Firstly, I only had one egg, I spilled half my cream all over the bench and the pepper top fell into my egg mixture. It turned out to be yummy though, so it was all worth it!

Have a great weekend all
Love KB
xxx

Ingredients 

Serves 2

3 eggs
2 tablespoons cream                                                   
salt and pepper                            
30g (1oz) butter
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, skinned and chopped
2 slices of toasted bread


Beat the eggs with the cream.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Melt half the butter in a saucepan, add onion and fry until soft.
Pour in the egg mixture and stir slowly over a gentle heat until scrambled.
Stir in tomato and remove from heat.
Spread toast with remaining butter and pile the scrambled eggs on top.


Here's the linky, you know what to do.






Enjoy




More Simply Delish recipes listed here

This recipe has been shared with Garden Variety Wednesday

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice...we like to do breakfast for dinner every so often....smells good to me...

Michelle B said...

My dad loves eggs w/ fresh tomato. I'll have to whip this up for him next time he visits. Hopefully without spilling cream and a pepper mishap ;-)

Thanks for hosting!

KB said...

Thanks for stopping by you two.

Christy @ Tools for Kitchens said...

Hi, KB. I'm glad you dish turned out despite the chaos! Today, I shared a recipe for traditional Pennsylvania Dutch wet bottom shoo-fly pie. Thank you for hosting.

Unknown said...

I LOVE scrambled eggs and tomatoes. Thanks for inviting me to share my chalupa soup. Have a great week!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

The scramble looks delicious! Thanks so much for the invite; I put your party on my party page :)

Create With Joy said...

Thanks so much for letting me know about your new party! I not only added my Risotto, but wanted to invite you to help me celebrate my upcoming 2nd Blogaversary by joining my Absolutely Chocolate Cookbook Giveaway, which I also posted for your readers -it's international! :-)

I signed up as a new follower and hope you'll also join me at Create With Joy!

FEEL BETTER & have a FABULOUS WEEK!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

Michelle B said...

Thanks for linking up with Garden Variety Wed!

toolsforkitchens said...

Hi, KB. I am sharing a recipe for ambrosia today. This is a super, quick recipe and the ambrosia is divine. Thank you for hosting us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...