Friday, November 11, 2011

Simply Delish ~ Sticky Red Onions, Poached Eggs and Herb Butter



Our recipe today is from the TV Show - Cookery School. I don't have a pic because I poached my eggs for too long and they looked messy :( The flavours worked really well together and I'd definitely cook the dish again.


Ingredients 

Serves 2



Cookery School Hosts
I sliced onion
1/2 cup of red wine
tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup of water
sage
bread
olive oil
sugar
vinegar
2 eggs
dill
parsley
2 large knobs of butter
salt


To Prepare

I couldn't find this recipe on the Cookery School Website and on the show,  not all of the ingredient measurements were shared so some of these measurements are what I came up with from the visuals I could see :)

Melt 1 knob of butter in a hot pan.
Add sliced onion and sweat.
Add a pinch of salt, red wine, balsamic vinegar, a generous amount of water and a little sage and reduce for 10 mins.
Coat bread with olive oil and fry in a hot pan.
Add a pinch of sugar to onions and keep cooking until liquid dissolves.
Put a large pan of water on to boil and add a dash of vinegar. Turn off heat when water is just about to boil, stir water and add eggs, cook for 2 1/2 mins.
Melt remaining butter in a pan, add a little dill and parsley just before serving on top of the eggs.

Enjoy

Here's the linky, you know what to do








More Simply Delish recipes listed here

This recipe has been shared with The Grocery Cart Challenge, The Sweet Details and Potluck Party

18 comments:

Whitesnake said...

That is a nice pic of you babe hehe!
This was a lovely meal darling. XXXX

KB said...

LMAO! I don't know how she gets her hair like that. xxxx

Michelle B said...

I like the sound of sticky onions!

Thanks for hosting.

By the way, the two of you are the cutest!

KB said...

We like to think so.

Cuisinart MultiClad Pro | toolsforkitchens said...

Hi, KB. Thanks for visiting toolsforkitchens...glad you liked our apple strudel recipe! I shared a Pennsylvania Dutch turkey stuffing recipe, a Lithuanian blynai recipe, and a California roll recipe today. Thank you for hosting us again and have a great week!

KB said...

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I shared my chocolate caramel slice(eat on your own risk).
Read couple of your posts,joined as follower and clicked on your ads..have some too;)Cheers

KB said...

Thanks for sharing :)

Kristi said...

Thanks so much for inviting me to share my recipe on your linky. Did you see the movie the Wedding Crashers? Remember Chazz? "Ma We want the meatloaf now!" This is that kinda of meatloaf! lol!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite to share! Hope to see you around again soon!

Amanda @ Traditional Foods said...

Thanks for hosting! I posted a recipe for white bean soup with zucchini and black olives.

Erin said...

thanks for suggesting I link up!
I am a new follower!
erin
eatingmywayback.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Sounds like a delicious dish you're having. :) Thank you for inviting me over to your linky party.

Linda said...

I've shared a recipe for pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips. Perfect for a chilly morning!! Thanks for hosting!

KB said...

Welcome everyone. Hope to see you again next week :)

Miriam said...

The recipe sounds great KB!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Michelle B said...

Thanks fo linking up w/ See Ya In the Gumbo!

KB said...

Thanks ladies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...