Friday, August 19, 2011

Simply Delish ~ Sausage Rolls



Every so often I (Whitesnake) want to make something that is quick and easy to eat. It also has to be tasty.
We usually have sausages in the freezer as well as mince so there is the start of an idea.
Pastry?
Yep a couple of sheets in the freezer as well.
Right!
Sausage rolls are on the menu!
The amounts used will vary depending on the number of sheets of pastry available.
Although, if ya anything like me ya will make burgers if too much meat or maybe cook up some veggies and make a quick pasty if pastry left over.

Ingredients:

Defrosted sausages.
Beef mince
Egg and milk
Bread crumbs
Finely diced onion.
Olive oil
Spices of choice. (I used paprika, moroccan, salt and ground black pepper.)
Frozen sheets of puff pastry. (I prefer puff pastry)

Method:

Turn on oven to 180
In a flat tray layer with baking paper.
On a flat surface lay out pastry sheet.
Beat egg in cup and add a bit of milk. Put aside!
In a suitably sized bowl drizzle olive oil and swirl it round.
Take skin off sausages  and add meat to the bowl along with the mince,onions, spices and bread crumbs.
Mix until all ingredients are evenly spread through out.
Using egg/milk mix paint onto pastry sheet.
Use hands to get meat into rolled lengths and place on pastry.
Roll the pastry over until pastry is wrapped around meat.
Cut pastry and place the long roll on tray with join facing towards you on the bottom of tray.
Repeat until all pastry is use or all filling has been used,
Egg wash the pastry whilst on the tray.
Prick pastry with a fork about an inch apart.
Place tray in oven.
When pastry is becoming golden brown turn over and return to oven.
When golden brown all over place on airing rack or leave to cool.
DO NOT try eating one straight away you will burn your mouth!
When cooled cut into bite size pieces and serve.
Can be frozen.

Notes:
Sausage skin can be cooked up and given to the dog for a treat!
Use spices YOU like!
Try using chorizo sausages or flavoured ones they add more flavour.
You can use sausage meat but sausages were already in the freezer.
Use whatever pastry you like, I just prefer puff pastry.
I egg washed the pastry both sides purely so the mixture didn't go to waste but found it added to the dish.
You will try to eat one as soon as you can.
One just can't help it!





Enjoy

13 comments:

Whitesnake said...

Hmmm
Yummy!
XXXX

KB said...

Of course they are yummy, you made them xxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite to link up! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Michelle B said...

I love all the notes--this seems like something that can be changed up depending on what you have. Oh, my dog loves you and thinks you are very smart!

Thanks for hosting!

So Domesticated said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the linky invite!

Gloria Baker said...

Thanks for visit me I add my recipe, xgloria

NaturalFamiLea said...

I shared: Lea's Creamy Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles

Lea's Easy Creamy Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream

Lea's Easy Pancake Recipe

MsFoxsSweets said...

The sausage rolls sound delish! I love the idea of putting it in the pastry. Thanks for the invite and stopping by my blog. I have linked up a few of my sweets now :) Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Those sausage rolls look yummy!
Thanks for the invite - I added my link. :)
Rebekah

Anonymous said...

Those sausage rolls look yummy!
Thanks for the invite - I added my link. :)
Rebekah

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Hi KB - thanks for extending an invitation to join your party! The sausage rolls sound like they'd please the men in my house!! I love the warning about not eating them hot out of the oven ;).

Miriam said...

Yur rolls look delicious. Hope you're having a great weekend!
Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Farrah said...

Thanks for the link party. I posted my Sweet & Salty cupcakes.
I haven't dabbled with puff pastry yet and I know my hubby would like these sausage rolls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...