Friday, July 1, 2011

Simply Delish ~ Chicken Adobo



This recipe was given to us by a friend of Whitesnake. It was really tasty. I changed it a litte (as I do). Check out my tips below to see what I did differently.

Ingredients

Chicken or pork, medium cubes
Garlic
Onion
Black Pepper
Vinegar 12ml
Soy Sauce half cup

To Prepare

Mix all ingredients.
Cook over medium heat.
When mixture boils, add one cup of water.
Simmer for 20-30 mins.
Check tenderness of meat and if ok, taste.
Add more soy sauce if bland.
Simmer another 3 mins.

KB's Tips

I fried the onions, garlic and chicken in a little olive oil before following the rest of the recipe and served with rice and vegetables.



If you have a recipe to share, post the details to your blog, leave a comment here, include your link below on our new Linky and we will check it out. If you prefer, you can leave your recipe as a comment and we will include it in a future post on your behalf.






Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

KB and Whitesnake





More Simply Delish recipes listed here

12 comments:

KB said...

Have a great weekend all!

sheila said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm and you too!

Whitesnake said...

It tasted really good.........

Miriam said...

Hi KB, you have a great weekend too!!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Winelady Cooks said...

Hi KB and Whitesnake,

Thanks for hosting. Hope you enjoy a great holiday weekend!

Sara said...

Thanks for the invite to your simply delish party!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the invite to link up! hope you are having a great weekend :D

Marguerite said...

That chicken dish looks fab! Thanks for hosting and for stopping by! Happy 4th!

Carla and Michael said...

Your recipe for chicken adobo is the second one I've seen today. Both yours and the other have soy sauce. I make a different version. I guess a more "latino" style as I have never heard of soy sauce in it (yours and the other one). Mine is a tomato based sauce. I must give this version a try.
PS-Thanks for the invite. I have had you all in "my favs" and had been watching but could never find this linky listed and then gave up looking.

Jeannie said...

Hi! Happy July 4th to you both and thanks for inviting me to this Simply Delish party. Have already linked my post:D Have a great day!

Michelle B said...

Thanks for inviting me! Now following you.

Great looking chicken!

Jenny said...

A good friend of mine makes this all the time. I had no idea it was so easy...going to have to add it to my list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...