Thursday, January 13, 2011

Healthy Breakfast Options



So, one of my goals this week was to eat a healthier breakfast and I must say it's harder than I thought. I'm finding the amount of food too much to stomach. So I've compromised and have half of it for breakfast and the rest for morning tea. I've hardly snacked at all like I used to so it's working great. Perhaps my stomach will get used to eating more in the mornings but until then, I'll continue on as I am. It also helps to have lots of healthy options in the pantry and to have an idea of what you are going to eat before you get out of bed.




I've listed below healthy options I've used so far and added a few more I'll try in the future. If you have any suggestions for breakfast, please do share.

2 slices wholemeal toast with avocado and lite cottage cheese


1/2 cup oats, 2 tbsp low fat yoghurt

2 eggs scrambled with tomato, 20g low fat cheese + 1 slice toast

2 slices toast, 1/4 avocado + 1 tbsp lite cream cheese

1 slice smoked salmon, 2 scrambled eggs + mushrooms or toast

2 Weetbix, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 banana + 4 almond
2  boiled eggs, 2 slices toast + 1 tbs avocado


See you on Saturday for Simply Delish.

Love KB
xxx

5 comments:

JJ said...

It is tough. That's why I don't eat breakfast even though I know it is important. However, when I do, eggs, toast, and avocado can do the trick!

KB said...

I'm enjoying having more options rather than just the usual. I love eggs, toast and avo too :)

Whitesnake said...

Love eggs too babe esecially with bacon, hash browns mushrooms and tomatoes.......xxxx

KB said...

Dont forget the avo babe xxxx

Miriam said...

I eat friut, friut, friut for breakfast (3-4 servings of raw friut), and it has done we a world of good. Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...