Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Treasure

It seems to me that life continually changes yet humans always remain somewhat constant. They have the need to lead or follow, be overly peaceful or want to beat the living crap out of each other.
Makes one feel very tempted to up and leave. Find me a small place where I don’t have to justify this and that. A place where I can be me and not have a care in the world.
I have found this said place right here with KB

Over the past few days we have reflected on where we were and how far we have come. It has been a turbulent ride yet we two panic attack merchants have made it. We have made it together!
When couples get together you find things that get on your nerves. Things you never knew about and the first thing one does is, try to change that.

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Never EVER try to change someone. If you don’t like it move on.
Change will come of its own accord if it is meant to be.
Besides who is to say that it is right or wrong?
Just because you don’t like something some one does doesn’t give you the right to be judge, jury and executioner.
Of course it then becomes tit for tat and soon the relationship reaches the point it was meant to and sour grapes come to the front and bad words are thrown around with gay abandon. These words become stories told many times over twisted and exaggerated to an extent that the true will never be found.

Karen and I have our own quirks and different ways of looking at and dealing with things yet we both respect each other enough to say what we like and don’t like, yet not harbor any ill feelings. Change comes from within not from constant nagging, whining and complaining.

My treasure is obviously Karen and the life I now live.

Sure there are lots of things that could be better and make our lives more comfortable but I live now and I am content and at peace with what I have, what have gained and what the future brings.

Karen Louise, you are my treasure.

Steve Boddey July 14th 2010.

5 comments:

KB said...

You are my treasure...ALWAYS xxxx

Wayne Pitchko said...

a treasure indeed...thanks for sharing

Dee Martin said...

wonderful and honest tribute!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love and live with the one you love is the most rewarding treasure,
agree,
beautiful!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/07/15/i-want-2-bee-worthy-of-this-waking-dream/

here is mine!
thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...