Saturday, February 4, 2012

Simply Delish ~ Sesame Chicken



I cooked this meal for Whitesnake the other night and he licked his plate clean. Coco was very disappointed as that's usually her job.




Ingredients for two servings

2 chicken portions
1 clove of garlic
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs honey
1 tbs tomato paste
1/2 cup red wine
1 tbs sesame seeds
1 tbs ground ginger
black pepper


Prep

Preaheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
Place chicken in a shallow dish and cook for 30-40 mins. Baste frequently.

Tips
I usually marinate the chicken in the sauce for a couple of hours before cooking, this gives the chicken more flavour but when I'm in a hurry, I quickly mix ingredients and stick in oven straight away.

Whitesnake prefers his chicken with more sauce so I double most of the sauce ingredients. Don't double all the ingredients, add a third of wine and tomato or the dish will be too acidic...trust me I made this mistake once and never again. 

If you don't have sesame seeds, you can leave them out but I recommend buying a little jar of them as you can add them to many dishes AND sesame seeds are very good for you heart.   

Hope you enjoy as much as we do. If you have a recipe to share, post the details to your blog, leave a comment and link below and we will check it out.






Cheers
KB and Whitesnake

More Simply Delish Recipes listed here.

This recipe has been shared with  Frugal Food Thursday, Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits


    


5 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds lovely. I love cooking with wine.

Michelle B said...

I firmly believe that the words "more" and "sauce" are meant to be together.

Thanks for hosting!

KB said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone.

Elizabeth said...

This looks delicious!

alicesg said...

Looked so yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...