Whitesnake and I have found a great website... My Special K which has daily exercise tips and food plans. Here's one of the recipes we found on the site.
- ½ garlic clove (2g), crushed
- 1 small (23g) onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon (20g) reduced-fat crème fraiche or low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon (5g) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) cooked basmati rice
- 100g extra lean minced beef
- 2 tablespoons (50g) canned red kidney beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons (10g) chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons (12g) Worcestershire sauce
- 80g tomato pasta sauce
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the onion until soft.
2. Add garlic and minced beef to the pan and fry over a high heat for about 5 minutes until the mince is browned.
3. Stir in the pasta sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chilli sauce and red kidney beans, bring to the boil and then simmer for about half an hour
4. Serve with the cooked basmati rice and crème fraiche.
I substituted tomato pasta sauce with a can of Moroccan tomatoes. Yum!
Rinse the rice before cooking rather than afterwards, the rice will be less starchy.
KB and Whitesnake
Here's the linky, you know what to do...
More Simply Delish recipes listed here