Simple and delish!
- basmati rice
- roasted peanuts (optional)
- onion, sliced
- minced fresh ginger root
- grated carrots
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley
- Combine rice and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover with lid, and allow to steam until tender.
- While rice is cooking, grind peanuts (optional) in a blender and set aside. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Stir in ginger, carrots, and salt to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and cover to steam 5 minutes.
- Stir in cayenne pepper and peanuts (optional)
- When rice is done, add it to skillet and stir gently to combine with other ingredients.
- Garnish with chopped parsley
KB and Whitesnake