Friday, July 15, 2011

Simply Delish - Chicken Parma El Whitesnake Style




Ingredients

1 chicken breast (skin off)
1 chorizo sausage
1 tin of diced flavoured tomatoes ( We used onion and garlic)
3 long rashers of bacon (6 if only small rashers available)
Grated cheese (meltable type)
Salt and pepper
Olive oil/Juices from browned chorizo sausages.

Method

Slice sausages into bite size pieces and brown off in a fry pan. Try not to use oil as sausage will produce its own once cookin starts.
Once browned drain and place on paper towel and set aside. Keep the juices!
Cut bacon rashers in half and place 3 in a baking dish.
Cut 2 slits in chicken breast and stuff with cheese and chorizo sausage.. That really should read .......stuff with sausage then cheese.
Don't over do the stuffing.
Placed stuffed chicken on bacon rashers and season with salt and pepper then place remaining rashers on top of chicken breast.
Yes ya can tuck the bacon under the chicken ta make it look nice.
Pour juices from cooked sausages ( about a desert spoon) over the top of the bacon/chicken.
Place in oven at about 180 and cook for about 20-30 minutes or until chicken is nearly cooked through.
You should turn it over half way through. Including the bacon rashers. This helps the chicken cook evenly and stops the bacon from getting burnt.
If the dish is looking dry pour some more of the sausage juice/oil over the chicken/bacon
Once ya satisfied the chicken is nearly ready open the can of diced tomatoes and pour over the bacon/chicken then cover with grated cheese.
Place back in oven till cheese is golden brown.
Serve with anything ya heart desires.
We did cauliflower, brocoli and brussel sprouts.

Notes:-
Use oil only if needed.
Remember the bacon will supply some juices once in the oven so the sausage juices may not be required once chicken is turned over.
Too much oil in dish can be drained off before putting tomatoes in.
All the amounts can vary so use your unique abilitiy to  judge things.

If you have a recipe to share, post the details to your blog, leave a comment here, include your link below on our new Linky and we will check it out. If you prefer, you can leave your recipe as a comment and we will include it in a future post on your behalf.






Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

KB and Whitesnake





More Simply Delish recipes listed here

16 comments:

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

Oh my, I love me some sausage & bacon! Sounds so yummy!!

KB said...

We took some pics but they didn't turn out :(

Krista said...

Will be linking up a few of mine from this week. Thanks for the chance!
Everyday Mom's Meals
www.everydaymomsmeals.blogspot.com

Michelle B said...

Anything with chorizo sounds like a winner to me!

Winelady Cooks said...

Hi KB and Whitesnake, Thanks for hosting again this week. I've shared my angel food cake which is really easy. Enjoy!

Have a great weekend.
Joanne

Tracey @ The Kitchen Is My Playground said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today, and for inviting me to the party! I linked up my Blueberry Salsa. Nice to "meet" you!!
Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

That sounds absolutely delish....thank you for sharing it and for hosting.

I am sharing my Chocolate Cherry Strudel.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lana Hardy said...

I am sharing several recipes on cards that I scrapbooked. Recipes are Yummy!!
Thanks for sharing your recipes.
Stop by my blog and check it out.

Thanks, Lana
http://hardy-life.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the invite and the lovely hosting. Happy new follower-would love a follow back when you have a chance :)

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I love chorizo!! I've had a mexican dish with grilled chicken, chorizo, and grilled peppers...it might have had bacon too - it was delicious! I'm sure I would love this too!

Jenny said...

Thanks for hosting!
What a yummy recipe....but what is a "rasher"? A strip of bacon?

Julie said...

Thanks for inviting me over!

The Farm Girl

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for inviting me here.I am so happy to join your party

Patty Albertson said...

Love this dish! Yours looks wonderful. First timer here, thanks for hosting!

Miriam said...

I hope you're having a great weekend KB

Anonymous said...

That chicken parm looks Simply Delish! Some bread to go with it? We got our Multi-grain loaf.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...