2 tbsp flour
Salt and black pepper
Duck Fat (Beef or Olive oil)
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Peel potatoes and chop into quarters. Place potatoes in a saucepan with cold water and salt and bring to the boil. Boil for 4 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes well in a colander and allow all steam and moisture to escape.
3. Return the potatoes to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake the potatoes vigorously several times to roughen edges.
4. Sprinkle over flour then toss potatoes briefly to ensure even coverage of flour.
5. Heat the oil in a large roasting pan in the oven until oil is very hot. Carefully lift the pan from the oven, adding potatoes to the hot oil. Return pan to the oven.
6. Roast potatoes for 40 minutes until golden brown and cooked, turning during cooking.
Potatoes can be boiled earlier in the day, then dried and roasted later.
KB and Whitesnake