2.5kg rolled pork belly roast (Get your butcher to do it)
1 tablespoon chilli flakes
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. If your oven has a fan function then use this.
2. Score the skin of the pork with a sharp knife then pat dry with paper towel.
3. Mix together the flakes, seeds, garlic & salt and massage into the pork rubbing in well between the scored lines.
4. Place pork on a rack in a roasting tray (It's important to let air circulate around the roast for even cooking).
5. Insert a meat thermometer into the middle of the meat, avoiding the bone. (only for the rich and fancy people)
6. Drizzle over the oil.
7. Pour 1 cup of boiling water into the oven tray.
8. Place in the pre-heated oven for half an hour and then reduce the temperature to 120ºC and cook a further 3-4 hours until the juices run clear when the meat is pierced or until the thermometer reaches 71ºC.
Serve with roast vegetables and Brussel sprouts.
If you have a recipe to share, you can add it to the Simply Delish linky below.
Cheers KB and Whitesnake
This recipe has been shared with Zen-Sational Living , Mangia Mondays , Hunk Of Meat Mondays Delectable Tuesday Blog Hop and Tuesdays At The Table