Friday, June 25, 2010

another night

The night time air is cool not cold. My babe is wrapped up in bed and sleeping soundly as the rain outside continues to pelt down.
There is no wind,  just the sound of rain on the tin roof.
The black spaniel snores softly as the kettle clicks off and reminds me to make my tea.
I make a cheese sandwich and watch some of the cricket from England as I sip my tea and eat.
The Kiwis have drawn with Paraguay yet still didn't make it through to the next round of the world cup.
Last nights dinner was undercooked and both of us suffered a bit.
England win the cricket as I turn off the TV and head back to bed.
I lay next to my darling Karen as she sleeps soundly yet turns towards me and lay her hand across my chest.
We all should be thankful for all that we have.
I kiss my girl as I close my eyes. I hear her whisper "I love you" as the rain pelts down even harder and sleep once more takes me on its meery way..........

1 comment:

KB said...

Love sharing rainy days and nights with you xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...