Saturday, September 1, 2012

Simply Delish - Cheddar Dill Scones



I haven't baked with dough since I was a kid and I enjoyed it just as much as I did back then.
Delish!

Ingredients

2 1/2   cups all-purpose flour
1 c      shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 c   chopped parsley
1 tbs   baking powder
2 tsp   dill
1/2      tsp salt
3/4 c   butter or marg
2         eggs, slightly beaten
1/2c    half-and-half

Heat oven 400 (200)
Combine all ingredients except butter, eggs and half-and-half.
Cut in butter until crumbly.
Stir in eggs and half-and-half until moist.
Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth (1 min).
Divide dough in half, roll each half into 20cm circle and divide into 8 pie-shaped wedges.
Place on baking sheet.
Bake 15-20 mins or until lightly browned.

Recipe source : Land O Lakes - Treasury of Country Recipes.



Picture source : KB and Whitesnakes Home

 

Cheers!

KB and Whitesnake


Here's the linky, you know what to do...







More Simply Delish recipes listed here

4 comments:

Jackie Patti said...

Thanks for hosting! I linked up my post on beef broth for GAPS:
http://gapsfort2.blogspot.com/2012/07/beef-broth.html

Michelle B said...

Thanks for the party! I like these savory scones.

Jenny said...

Those scones look lovely!

KB said...

Thanks everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...