All is well here. It's the last month of Winter in New Zealand so we've been enjoying quick, hot meals to warm us up while we watch the Olympics. Have you been enjoying the Games?
250g lean beef mince
|pic source : KB and Whitesnakes Home|
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
2 tbsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 cups store-bought, bottled tomato pasta sauce
1. Heat oven to 200C. Combine mince, onion, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce mixed herbs and egg in a bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
2. Mix together, pounding the mixture with your hand for a couple of minutes (this will help the meatballs hold together when they’re cooked).
3. With damp hands, shape mixture into 20 balls and place on a wire rack set over a baking pan lined with foil.
4. Bake meatballs in an oven heated to for 20 minutes until browned. Place tomato pasta sauce in a saucepan and bring to the boil to heat through. Add browned meatballs and stir to coat in sauce.
5. Cook spaghetti in a saucepan with plenty of boiling, salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender to the bite, when you taste a little piece. Serve spaghetti in bowls topped with meatballs and tomato sauce.
Tip: Using a store-bought bottled tomato pasta sauce is often easier but you can use homemade pasta sauce instead if you have it.
KB and Whitesnake
Here's the linky, you know what to do...
More Simply Delish recipes listed here
Recipe originally from New Zealand's Woman's Weekly with a few alterations by KB.