Friday, July 8, 2011

Simply Delish ~ Fish Pie



Fish Pie is one of our favourites. I've shared my recipe here with you before but I've decided to update it. Whitesnake and I love to watch Food TV and we've noticed that many fish pie recipes on our favourite shows have boiled eggs in them. My original recipe didn't so I decided to try adding some eggs. As if we didn't love fish pie enough already, this addition makes it even better.



Ingredients for 4 servings

1 tbsp oil
1 onion (finely chopped)
2 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
400g smoked fish
1/2 cup finely chopped celery or veggies of your choice
2 medium spuds (sliced)
2 boiled eggs


Prep

Preheat oven to 190°C
Saute onion in oil
Remove from heat
Add flour and mix well
Gradually add milk
Return to heat and stir to thicken
Cut fish into bite size pieces
Mix fish, celery, chopped boiled eggs and sauce and place in casserole dish.
Layer potato and sauce on top
Bake for 30-40 mins
Add grated cheese  and pop back into oven for 5 mins


Change It Up

I often substitute mashed potato instead of layered potatoes.
To make extra cheesy...place four slices of cheese on fish under the potatoes.
I also add whatever veggies I have on hand. 


If you have a recipe to share, post the details to your blog, leave a comment here, include your link below on our new Linky and we will check it out. If you prefer, you can leave your recipe as a comment and we will include it in a future post on your behalf.





Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

KB and Whitesnake





More Simply Delish recipes listed here

17 comments:

Michelle B said...

I've never had (or heard of) fish pie! Thanks for sharing. Looks very hearty. And I've never met anything with potatoes and cheese that I didn't like!

Thanks for hosting Simply Delish!

KB said...

MM - you should try it. Real comfort food.

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

Thanks so much for the invite :) I've never heard of fish pie either...sounds like something my husband would love!

Winelady Cooks said...

Hi KB, Like the others, I too have never heard of fish pie but it does sound delicious. I love to try new recipes from the blog hops. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Have a great weekend,
Joanne

Jenn@TheCakeDish said...

Thanks for the invite to join your linky party! I've added my cobbler recipe and I've enjoyed checking out all of the other great recipes here!

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

Thanks for the invite! I've linked up my sangria recipe - can't wait to find more yummy recipes. have a great weekend!

Jade Cahoon said...

Hey There! Thanks so much for the invite over - I linked up my Fresh Peach Flaugnarde! :) I had fun looking through your blog! Thanks for hosting!
Jade C.

Kristy said...

Very interesting. I've never heard of Fish Pie. Thanks for the invite to link up :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks for the invite! I added my chocolate cake with marshmallow frosting and my peanut butter s'mores. Thanks for hosting!

JJ said...

I have all the ingredients, so I will give it a go today. Thanks.

Miriam said...

Wow KB, this linky party is getting so big! Have a great weekend :)

Easy To Be Gluten Free said...

Thanks for the invite! Your fish pie sounds really interesting. I love trying new things like that. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

Thanks for the invite! I linked up my stuffed zucchini. Thanks for visiting!

Served up with Love said...

Thanks for the invite, I linked up my most popular recipe, Mile High Lemonade Pie, this is also a tribute to a lost friend. Thanks again!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

The fish pie looks great. It is new to me but new is really good. Thanks for sharing and for the invite at My Sweet and Savory,

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

very intriguing...sounds like must try..:)
Tasty Appetite

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Thank you for the invite!

I never heard of Fish Pie , but I bet it is delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...