Friday, July 29, 2011

Simply Delish - Dipping Sauces



Recently, it was my Dad's birthday and he requested a Chinese feast for dinner. Whitesnake and I haven't done much Chinese cooking but I think we did a pretty good job. This week I'm sharing the dipping sauce recipes, I'll share the other dishes we cooked at a later stage.

Love KB
xxx













Asian Dipping Sauces




2 tablespoons chilli powder

This sauce qas quite hot
6 tablespoons fish sauce

6 tablespoons lime juice

2 tablespoons caster sugar

2 red shallots, finely sliced

2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander leaves

The easiest way to prepare the sauce is to mix all the ingredients in a jar and shake.






                                                                                
                                                                              


This was our favourite sauce
 Sweet Chilli sauce

 Sesame seeds or green onions (optional)

 Soy Sauce



Pour soy sauce into a small bowl. The amount should be appropriate to the amount of finger foods you'll be serving.

Whisk in the chili oil. If that doesn't work, try using some type of plastic storage container and shake the ingredients vigorously.

To serve, put the sauce in a small serving dish. Top with sesame seeds or chopped green onions



Nuoc Cham, A Basic Asian Dipping Sauce


• The Vietnamese have a simple dipping sauce that is known for bringing all elements of Asian dishes together, balancing between spicy, sweet, sour and salty.

• Nuoc Cham is the Vietnamese name for this basic sauce.

• In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons sugar and a half-cup water, stirring until the sugar dissolves.

• Adjust the lime juice and sugar to taste. It should balance between sour and sweet.

• Stir in 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce and one finely minced garlic clove.

• The color should be a light honey or amber hue for the perfect balance of flavor.



Enjoy
KB and Whitesnake


If you have a recipe to share, post the details to your blog, leave a comment here, include your link below on our new Linky and we will check it out. If you prefer, you can leave your recipe as a comment and we will include it in a future post on your behalf.





Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

KB and Whitesnake







More Simply Delish recipes listed here

11 comments:

Michelle B said...

What a great looking feast! Asian cooking is definitely out of my comfort zone. But I'm a saucey kinda gal, so I appreciate all the dipping sauce recipes.

Thanks for hosting!

Anonymous said...

Some of my friends before they moved always cooked for us for Chinese New Years - and it was totally awesome! Love delicious Asian foods! Thanks for including the recipes. What an amazing birthday dinner feast!

Winelady Cooks said...

Thanks so much for sharing the dipping sauce recipes. I like Asian style foods and these recipes will definitely be a bonus to my dishes.

I've shared a cold tomato soup this week in honor of the heat wave.

Have a great weekend,
Joanne

Lorie Shewbridge said...

I love Asian food but don't get to try and make it because the hubs doesn't like it at all. Your sauces sound delicious.
I've shared my recipe on your linky and would love for you to add yours to our linky. =)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Yum! I bet your dad was so happy!! Everything sounds wonderful :)

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

The red chili sauce looks and sounds amazing! I will be trying this soon, thanks :)

MsFoxsSweets said...

Thanks for the invite! You have some great looking recipes on your blog. The sauces look great too! I have linked up the 4th cupcakes that I made from the Pink Princess Cupcakes book. Thanks for hosting!

Anonymous said...

Just linked up, and thanks for letting me know about your blog hop. I love dipping sauces but never made any on my own - now I'm inspired. Thanks and have a great Saturday! Now let me check out a few of the blogs here.

- Haupi

Patty Albertson said...

All these dipping sauces look wonderful! Thanks for hosting!

Miriam said...

I hope you're having wonderful weekend :), Miriam@Meatless Meal For Meat Eaters

KB said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone. I'll be visiting you all soon :)

KB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...