Friday, June 24, 2011

Simply Delish (Chicken Soup Whitesnake style)



I had a really upset tummy earlier in the week so Whitesnake made me Chicken Soup. I'm such a lucky lady. I asked him to share the recipe with you so I'll hand the rest of the post over to him.

Love KB
xxx

Ingredients

Whitesnake's Chicken Soup!

Breast of chicken (Skin on if ya like will add flavour)
Celery diced finely
Carrots diced finely
Leeks diced finely
Pumpkin diced finely
Sea salt and ground black pepper
Chicken stock.
Olive Oil

Method
Place celery,carrots, leeks and pumpkin in a saucepan with  a splash of olive oil and saute.
Salt and pepper to taste and add chicken stock bring to boil and then simmer.
Place whole chicken breast in saucepan and simmer until chicken is cooked. (took about half hour.)
Remove cooked chicken and dice. (I took the chicken skin off and Coco had a treat!)
Place diced chicken back into pot bring back to boil and then turn off.
Reheat when ready to serve.
A nice crusty bread smeared with butter is great for dipping into soup.

NOTE: You can tell if the chicken is cooked through when ya dice it. If a little under cooked just follow the recipe bring back to boil and then simmer until ya happy the chicken is completely cooked then turn off..
Enjoy
Whitesnake


If you have a recipe to share, post the details to your blog, leave a comment here, include your link below on our new Linky and we will check it out. If you prefer, you can leave your recipe as a comment and we will include it in a future post on your behalf.

  • Link back to Simply Delish on you blog so others can find SD and play along.





Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

KB and Whitesnake





More Simply Delish recipes listed here

8 comments:

KB said...

Thanks so much for making it for me babe xxxx

Lisa~~ said...

Thank you for the invite to link my Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho.

Thanks for hosting the hop, can't wait to see the other recipes.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Miriam said...

I love all the vegetables in the soup, well done! Have a great weekend :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! I linked up my cookies =) Also following you back!
Would also love a "like" on FB if you get the chance

TGIF!
www.cookinformycaptain.blogspot.com

Winelady Cooks said...

Hi, thanks for inviting me to Simply Delish with my beet salad - it's easy and it can be prepared in advance!.

Thanks for hosting, have a great weekend.
Joanne

Marguerite said...

That chicken soup looks delicious! Thanks so much for stopping by and for the invitation!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

sounds amazing..can't wait to give it a try..
first time here..amazing blog you have..
nice presentation of recipes..
Am your happy follower now..;)
do stop by mine sometime..
Tasty Appetite

Unknown said...

Thanks for the invite! I posted my Honey Bear Chicken recipe! I also became a follower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...